Here we explain the power of membership, our rates, forms, and payment, and tax information for your records. You can go directly to our membership form to become a member online (or learn how to print the form and mail it to us with a check).
Why become a member?
We understand! Many of us are already inundated with membership requests from a range of organizations. So why join PFLAG Bellevue/Eastside? Because in the face of the current lash against our LGBTQ community, your membership fuels our journey to equality.
Membership is a powerful, rewarding experience, for us and for you.
- Backbone of our success. Our chapter is an all-volunteer organization, who receives no monetary support from PFLAG National, and is funded only by memberships and donations. Each of our members impact change.
- Sustains local services. We use our membership funds to provide support and resources to LGBTQ people and their families, right here in the Eastside, putting your dollars to work in your own community.
- Amplifies the voices for equality. Our power lies in our numbers, where each and every PFLAG member increases our strength as we speaking out for LGBTQ equality and against the current backlash.
- Includes PFLAG National and its perks. Our chapter sends a portion of your membership dues each year to PFLAG National in Washington DC, automatically making you also a member of PFLAG National. You receive a PFLAG bookstore discount and free access to PFLAG Academy Online.
- Reasonable, flexible, and often matchable fees. We offer a range of rates, to meet your needs (See Rates, Forms and Payment below). In some cases you can receive matching corporate funds, too.
- Typically qualifies as a tax deduction. Our chapter, like PFLAG National, is a tax-exempt, non-profit (see For Your Records below)).
Rates, Form, and Payment
Choose from three available membership rates, all valid from October of the current year to September of the following year:
- Individual ($40.00)
- Household ($50.00
- Senior, Student or Low Income ($15.00).
When you fill in your membership form, you can
- Optionally make a general or scholarship donation (or donate any other time you want).
- Indicate if you want to join our mailing list.
For Your Records
- PFLAG Bellevue/Eastside is a tax-exempt, non-profit 50l(c)(3) organization.
- All memberships and donations are tax deductible, according to IRS guidelines: Our tax ID is 91-1718810.
- Some companies give employees matching funds for their membership (and donations), so you might check with your benefits department.
- We are a chartered chapter of PFLAG Inc (91-3750694) and are included under PFLAG’s 501(c)(3) group exemption number (GEN 3366).