Welcome! We’re a chapter of PFLAG National, our nation’s oldest LGBTQ advocacy organization and a powerful grassroots network of volunteers. We serve residents of East King County communities, including Bellevue, Redmond, Kirkland, Issaquah, Mercer Island, Sammamish, Bothell, Woodinville, Duvall, Snoqualmie, and Carnation. PFLAG unites people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer (LGBTQ) with families, friends, and allies and is committed to advancing equality through our three tenants.
- Support for LGBTQ people and their family and friends.
- Education for ourselves and others about the unique issues and challenges facing people who are LGBTQ.
- Advocacy to change attitudes and create policies and laws that achieve full equality for people who are LGBTQ.
What We Believe
PFLAG is often the first place people turn to, when they or someone they love has just come out or are questioning their sexuality and/or gender. But we are also a place of ongoing connection for LGBTQ people, family, and allies, where together we find acceptance, affirmation, and, for those who are interested, opportunities to actively move equality forward together.
As the extended family of the LGBTQ community, we stand behind our successful track record of creating change the PFLAG way.
- We have no affiliation with any political party or religion.
- We do not advocate for political candidates.
- We do advocate for policies and laws that lead to equality.
- We uphold respectful dialogue to engage and persuade people.
- We trust in the power of our stories to open hearts and minds.
- We believe we are all on a journey to LGBTQ equality.
- We build bridges with others at different points on this journey.
- We know that change is possible because we see it happen every day.
- We lead with love. PFLAG began from love and it remains our calling card.
- We work for a world where diversity is celebrated and all people are respected, valued, and affirmed.
Wherever you are on your journey—starting out or a long-standing member or ally of the LGBTQ community—PFLAG Bellevue/Eastside is here for you.