This page provides policies, procedures and guidance documents (with links to the source document) that pertain to LGBTQ students for the following Seattle Eastside school districts:
- Lake Washington
- Mercer Island
We strive to keep this information accurate and up to date, but it is subject to change. We encourage you to perform due diligence and contact the districts if you have any additional questions or concerns.
Bellevue School District
The Bellevue School District refers to policy 3210 and procedures 3210P and 3210.P.
- Policy 3210. Non-discrimination and Nonconforming Students
- Procedure 3210P Nondiscrimination Discrimination Complaint Process
- Procedure 3210.1P Nondiscrimination: Transgender and Gender Nonconforming Students
Issaquah School District
The Issaquah School District refers to policy 3210 and procedure 3210P, which protect LGBTQ students.
In addition, the district policies include the 3000 series, which are more general discrimination policies and procedures that could also apply to LGBTQ students.
- Procedure No 3207. Prohibition Against Harassment, Intimidation & Bullying
- Procedure No 3207F. Prohibition Against Harassment, Intimidation & Bullying Incident Reporting Form
- Procedure No 3207P.Prohibition Against Harassment, Intimidation and Bullying
- Policy Number 3205 Students. Civility
Lake Washington District
The Lake Washington School District refers to the policies and procedures known as Files: AC, AC-R, ACA, JB, JFD, and JFD-Rt to protect LGBTQ students.
- Nondiscrimination Policy (File: AC)
- Nondiscrimination Procedure (File AC-R)
- Human Dignity Policy (File: ACA)
- Equal Educational Opportunities Policy (File: JB)
- Harassment, Intimidation, and Bullying of Students Policy (File: JFD)
- Harassment, Intimidation and Bullying of Students Policy (File: JFD-R)
In addition to policies and procedures, the Lake Washington District develops and issues guidance documents—aligned with policy and on a number of topics—to school administrators. Refer to this guidance document on supporting transgender students.
Mercer Island District
The Mercer Island School District refers to policies 3207 A, 3210 BP, and 3211 P, as well as the district’s nondiscrimination statement.
- Policy 3207 A. Prohibition of Harassment, Hazing, Intimidation, and Bullying
- Board Policy 3210 BP Nondiscrimination
- Administrative Policy 3211 P Transgender Student Procedure
The district also cross references Policy 3211 P in their Board Policy 3205 Sexual Harassment of Students Prohibited.
Northstore School District
The Northshore School District refers policies 3207, 3210, and 3211 and procedures 3207P and 3210P.
- 3207 Prohibition of Harassment, Intimidation, Bullying, and Cyberbullying
- 3207F (Form) Prohibition of Discrimination, Harassment, Intimidation of Bullying (HIB) Incident Reporting Form
- 3207P (Procedure) Prohibition of Discrimination, Harassment, Intimidation, Bullying & Cyberbullying
- 3210 Nondiscrimination
- 3210P (Procedure) Nondiscrimination
- 3211 Gender Equity