This page lists affirming LGBTQ congregations on the Eastside. You can also consult the Human Rights Campaign’s summary of faith positions held by a range of religious organizations. In addition, you can check these websites for religious support specific to domination.
- Affirmation supports LGBTQ/SSA Mormons and their families, friends and Church leaders in seeking to live healthy and productive lives consistent with their faith or heritage.
- DignityUSA offers support and education for Catholic followers.
- Fortunate Families serves as a resource and networking ministry with Catholic parents of LGBT children.
- The GALIP Foundation and The Gay Christian Network provide information on Christian issues and finding a church. The Galip Foundation also lists Christian affirming denominations.
- IntegrityUSA focus on support and equality within the Episcopal Church.
- Keshet embraces Jewish participation in religious life.
- More Light Presbyterians advocates for full participation of LGBTQ people in the life, ministry, and witness of the Presbyterian Church (USA) and in society.
- Noor is for Muslims living in the Seattle area who need support and community.
- Reconciling Works for Lutherans advocates for the full inclusion of LGBTQ Lutherans in all aspects of the life of their Church and congregations.
Eastside LGBTQ Affirming Congregations
Currently, LGBTQ-affirming congregations on the Eastside are located in these communities: Bellevue, Bothell, Carnation, Kenmore, Kirkland, Mercer Island, Redmond, Renton, Samammish, and Woodinville. We will continue adding to this list as we learn of more affirming congregations.
If you are a member of an LGBTQ-inclusive congregation that is not listed below, please contact us and let us know. If you are interested in becoming an affirming congregation, you can consult with your local church leader. For general information regarding this process, see GALIP’s Becoming an Affirming Church; note, however, that it focuses only on Christian congregations and does not include information for faiths like Unitarian Universalists or Judaism.
Temple B’Nai Torah (Reform Judaism)
Temple De Hirsch Sinai (Reform Judaism)
Missiongathering (Disciples of Christ)
Congregation Kol Ami (Reform Judaism)