Our mission is to provide support, education, and advocacy. To that end, we offer a multitude of resources and services.
- Monthly Meetings We hold one support meeting per month, which you can attend in person or via remote access. The first half is peer-to-peer support groups led by trained facilitators and the second half is a guest speaker/panel.
- Scholarships We award yearly scholarships to graduating high school students where they apply through the Pride Foundation, making them also eligible for more than fifty Pride Foundation scholarships with a single application.
- Educational literature We distribute free PFLAG brochures and other educational materials through our outreach events and website. We also maintain a membership library and do outreach to local school and county librarians.
- Facebook PFLAG Bellevue/Eastside We maintain a highly dynamic Facebook page that is public; that is, you do not have to be a Facebook member to view it. We recommend you bookmark the page for quick access to details on our upcoming meetings and events, along with stories of positive change and hope for our LGBTQ community.
- Monthly email, which is in newsletter format and describes our meetings and events along with other pertinent news for our LGBTQ community.
- Community Outreach We can staff a table (or booth) with PFLAG volunteers to distribute educational materials and directly interact with the public at a wide range of events. We also march in community parades and the Seattle Pride and Trans Pride parades.
- Safe Schools We track the LGBTQ policies of Eastside school districts and meet with Superintendents; provide outreach and support to Gay Straight Alliances; recommend and provide appropriate LGBTQ resources to counselors, teachers, and librarians; and feature expert speakers on safe school topics.
- Annual report Each year we produce an annual report that details our past year’s activities in regard to our three tenants of Support, Education, and Advocacy. Both newcomers and long time members can refer to it to better understand how their membership dues and active participation make what we do possible.