Our mission is to provide support, education, and advocacy. To that end, we offer a multitude of resources and services.
- Monthly Meetings We hold two support meetings a month: one in Bellevue and one in Bothell. The first half is peer-to-peer support groups led by trained facilitators and the second half is a guest speaker/panel.
- Community Outreach We can staff a table (or booth) with PFLAG volunteers to distribute educational materials and directly interact with the public at a wide range of events. We also march in community parades and the Seattle Pride and Trans Pride parades.
- Scholarships We award yearly scholarships to graduating high school students where they apply through the Pride Foundation, making them also eligible for more than fifty Pride Foundation scholarships with a single application.
- Safe Schools We track the LGBTQ policies of Eastside school districts and meet with Superintendents; provide outreach and support to Gay Straight Alliances; recommend and provide appropriate LGBTQ resources to counselors, teachers, and librarians; and feature expert speakers on safe school topics.
- Educational literature We distribute free PFLAG brochures and other educational materials through our outreach events and website. We also maintain a membership library and do outreach to local school and county librarians.
- Facebook PFLAG Bellevue/Eastside We have a highly dynamic Facebook presence with a strong following, where we primarily focus on stories of positive change and hope for the LGBTQ community as well as doable advocacy.
Our 2017-2018 annual report provides our past year’s activities in full detail.