Our mission is to provide support, education, and advocacy. To that end, we offer a multitude of resources and services.
- Monthly Meetings We hold two support meetings a month: one in Bellevue and one in Bothell. The first half is peer-to-peer support groups led by trained facilitators and the second half is a guest speaker/panel.
- Community Outreach We can staff a table (or booth) with PFLAG volunteers to distribute educational materials and directly interact with the public at a wide range of events. We also march in community parades and the Seattle Pride and Trans Pride parades.
- Scholarships We award yearly scholarships to graduating high school students where they apply through the Pride Foundation, making them also eligible for more than fifty Pride Foundation scholarships with a single application.
- Safe Schools We track the LGBTQ policies of Eastside school districts and meet with Superintendents; provide outreach and support to Gay Straight Alliances; recommend and provide appropriate LGBTQ resources to counselors, teachers, and librarians; and feature expert speakers on safe school topics.
- Educational literature We distribute free PFLAG brochures and other educational materials through our outreach events and website. We also maintain a membership library and do outreach to local school and county librarians.
- Facebook PFLAG Bellevue/Eastside We have a highly dynamic Facebook presence with a strong following, where we primarily focus on stories of positive change and hope for the LGBTQ community as well as doable advocacy.
- Annual Report Each year we produce an annual report that details our past year’s activities in regard to our three tenants of Support, Education, and Advocacy. Both newcomers and long time members can refer to it to better understand how their membership dues and active participation make what we do possible! Due to Covid, our 2020 annual report is in form of a detailed letter from our chapter President.