We’re now holding virtual monthly membership meeting from 7-9PM on the third Thursday of each month via Zoom, with our next one scheduled for January 21th. Members, friends, and newcomers are welcome to participate, as together we create an inclusive space for support and education.
Remote Meeting FAQ
This FAQ gets you started on our virtual format and procedure for connecting. Newcomers might also consult our regular Meetings FAQ for complete details on how our meetings align with PFLAG principals, who we serve, what we provide, and how we normally conduct in-person meetings.
Why are you holding virtual meetings instead of the two normal ones in Bellevue and Bothell?
During the coronavirus outbreak, we are complying with social distancing protocols for the safety and well-being of our community. At the same time, we realize that many people in our extended family of LGBTQ people and allies want to maintain connection with our chapter as a source of peer-to-peer support and education. Virtual meetings provide us a viable forum.
What do I need to connect to the virtual meetings?
You need to go to Zoom, a free web-based video conferencing tool that allows us to meet online from a computer or mobile device. From there, you can download the Zoom app from its Download Center. Otherwise, Zoom prompts you to download and install Zoom when you try to join the meeting. We recommend that you learn about Zoom and optionally join a Zoom test meeting in advance, just to be more familiar with the process.
Once I’m at Zoom what do I do?
We’ve created an “invite” for our Zoom meetings, shown below, and set it up so you simply click “Join Zoom meeting”. Note that for manual phone entry, you’ll need to enter the unique 9, 10, or 11-digit meeting ID number and password.
Meeting ID:979 8316 4287
One tap mobile
+12532158782,,97983164287#,,,,,,0#,,266114# US (Tacoma)
+16699006833,,97983164287#,,,,,,0#,,266114# US (San Jose)
Find your local number
How do I stay on top of upcoming meetings?
We provide meeting details through out website, Facebook, and monthly email, so you might
- Bookmark this page for future reference.
- Follow or regularly check our Facebook wall. (Note that our Facebook wall is public, so you do not need to be a Facebook member to view it.)
- Subscribe to our mailing list to receive a monthly email that provides details on all our chapter activities.
How many meetings do you have scheduled in advance?
For now, you can assume that we will hold one meeting every month at 7PM on the Third Thursday, through December 17, 2020. We will update you on our schedule for 2021 at the start of the year.
How are virtual meetings the same as regular ones?
Just like our usual meetings, our virtual meetings still
- Start at 7PM. “Doors” open around 6:30PM so you can get comfortable before the meeting starts.
- Include time for support circles and guest speakers.
- Serve as a welcoming, inclusive place for everyone—newcomers, long time allies, wherever you are on your journey.
- Provide peer-to-peer support only, and a space to learn: that is, we do not provide professional counseling or crisis services.
- Uphold our PFLAG principals of respectful dialogue.
What if I’m still confused or can’t connect to meetings?
Contact us if you experience difficulties connecting to our meetings or have any other questions or concerns. We’ll do our best to get back to you before the next meeting. Like everyone else, many of us are adjusting to big changes, so we ask your patience!
More Details for Newcomers
We normally hold two support meetings a month, one in Bellevue and one in Bothell, but for now, our meetings are virtual, so keep in mind that any information in this section that applies to face-to-face meetings is currently not applicable.
Members, guests, and newcomers are welcome to attend one or both meetings. Our meetings include confidential support circles, a refreshment break, and an educational portion (such as a guest speaker/panel or viewing of a film or presentation).
- Our Bellevue meetings are held from 7-9PM on the third Thursday of each month at the Bellevue First United Methodist Church, 1934 108th Avenue Northeast, Bellevue, WA.
- Our Bothell meetings are held from 7-9PM on the 3rd Monday of the month at the Bothell United Methodist Church located at 18515 92nd Ave NE, Bothell, WA.
For complete details including driving instructions, our meeting format, and many other typical concerns, please consult our Meetings FAQ. You can also contact us if you have further questions or concerns.
PFLAG National and PFLAG chapters are non-sectarian, non-denominational, and not affiliated with any particular religious institution. Although some PFLAG chapter meetings—including our own—are held in buildings owned by religious communities, PFLAG chapters are not programs of— nor do they promote the religious beliefs of—those organizations.