As an all-volunteer organization, our success comes from you—our members, friends, and allies who generously contribute their time and skills to support us. It is how our mission of advocacy succeeds. Each volunteer brings us new ideas and insight and joins a supportive, congenial, and dedicated team.
If you are interested in volunteering, please contact us. There are many different ways to volunteer and we encourage you to match your interests, passions, and skills. We list here just a few possibilities.
- Graphic Design Create marketing collateral and educational resources.
- Technology/Infrastructure Support the strategies and tools we use to effectively deliver support and education to our members and public.
- Fundraising Raise money for our scholarships, speaker’s bureau, and other support programs.
- Outreach Assist our information tables and help with community events.
- Public Relations/Media Raise awareness of our mission and services through the press, letter-writing campaigns, social media and more.
- Leadership Join our Board or become an adjunct member who provides a specialized skill.
- Scholarships Review sshholarship applications, select candidates, conduct interviews, and choose recipient.
- Translators Spanish, API, and so forth. Help us translate existing information into simple information sheets and/or review and choose from translated LGBTQ resources, including articles, books, and videos.
- Ally Attend our monthly meetings as a straight or LGBTQ ally. Your presence supports PFLAG’s mission of support, education, advocacy.
Also check Take Action for short term volunteer activities and quick, doable actions you can take for timely issues. Whether you seek short-term projects or an ongoing role, we value your contribution to this important work!