As an all-volunteer organization, our success comes from you—our members, friends, and allies who generously contribute their time and skills to support us. It is how our mission of advocacy succeeds. Each volunteer brings us new ideas and insight and joins a supportive, congenial, and dedicated team.
If you are interested in volunteering, please contact us. There are many different ways to volunteer and we encourage you to match your interests, passions, and skills. We list here just a few possibilities. Also check Take Action for short term volunteer activities and quick, doable actions you can take for timely issues.
- Graphic Design: Create marketing collateral and educational resources.
- Technology/Infrastructure: Support the strategies and tools we use to effectively deliver support and education to our members and public.
- Fundraising: Raise money for our scholarships, speaker’s bureau, and other support programs.
- Outreach: Assist our information tables and help with community events.
- Public Relations/Media Raise awareness of our mission and services through the press, letter-writing campaigns, social media and more.
- Speaker’s Bureau: Be part of a panel that shares information and personal stories at middle/high schools and colleges, businesses, faith-based institutions, and other venues.
- Join our Board or become an adjunct member who provides a specialized skill.
- Scholarships: Review applications, select candidates, conduct interviews, and choose recipient.
- Translators: Spanish, API, and so forth. Help us translate existing information into simple information sheets and/or review and choose from translated LGBTQ resources, including articles, books, and videos.
- Ally. Attend our monthly meetings as a straight or LGBTQ ally. Your presence supports PFLAG’s mission of support, education, advocacy.
Whether you seek short-term projects or an ongoing role, we value your contribution to this important work!