Thank you for visiting our website! For details on its use and contents, see Our Website.
PFLAG Bellevue/Eastside is a chapter of PFLAG National serving residents of East King County communities, including Bellevue, Redmond, Kirkland, Issaquah, Mercer Island, Sammamish, Bothell, Woodinville, Duvall, Snoqualmie, and Carnation.
We are a support, education, and advocacy group for the LGBTQ community (lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, questioning/queer) and include LGBTQ people, their family members, and LGBTQ and straight allies. As a grassroots all-volunteer organization, we offer peer-to-peer support in a safe confidential space, where we speak from our hearts and tell our stories. Wherever you are on your journey—just starting out or a long-standing member/ally of the LGBTQ community—PFLAG Bellevue/Eastside is here for you.
Members, guests, and newcomers are welcome to attend our Monthly Meetings held the third Thursday of the month. We start with confidential support circles, followed by refreshments and then a guest speaker. Consult Monthly Meetings FAQ for details.
|Monthly Meeting||Thursday, November 16th, 2017
7:00pm – 9:00pm
|First United Methodist Church, 1934 108th Avenue Northeast, Bellevue, WA 98004 (map)||After our support circles, we’ll hear from Jolynn Kenney, Vice President of Programs for Big Brothers, Big Sisters of Puget Sound on how her organization supports our LGBTQ community.|
Things to Do (See Take Action for more details)
- Add your name here to send a louder, stronger, and positive message of thanks to Disney CEO and Chairman Bob Iger, and to the ANDI MACK creative team and cast on their decision to reflect LGBTQ youth in their storytelling.
- See PFLAG Bellevue/Eastside’s 2016-2017 annual report for details on our past year’s activities and events.
- Apply now for a PFLAG Belleve/Eastside scholarship, open to graduating Eastside high school LGBTQ/ ally students, including ones enrolled in the Running Start at a local community college. Feel free to post/share flyer.
- Stand against the trans military ban. Sign the ACLU petition, express your opposition via social media, and write a letter to the editor.
- Speak for persecuted gay/bi men in Chechnya. Follow #EyesOnChechyna and support Rainbow Railroad and Russian LGBT Network.
Things to Attend (See Upcoming Events for more details)
- LGBTQ youth/allies from any Eastside School district and grades 6-12 can attend the Rainbow Teen Advisory Board (R-TAB) 4:30-6:30pm, 2nd Thursday of each month at the Redmond Library. See flyer for details.
- LGBTQ youth/allies from any Eastside School district and grades 6-12 can attend the The Youth GSA+ club for LGBTQ kids and kids from LGBTQ families 5-6pm, 2nd Tuesday of each month at the YMCA/Sammamish Community and Aquatic Center in the Met Market Conference room.
Appreciation to members for providing photographs.