Thank you for visiting our website! For details on its use and contents, see Our Website.
PFLAG Bellevue/Eastside is a chapter of PFLAG National serving residents of East King County communities, including Bellevue, Redmond, Kirkland, Issaquah, Mercer Island, Sammamish, Bothell, Woodinville, Duvall, Snoqualmie, and Carnation.
We are a support, education, and advocacy group for the LGBTQ community (lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, questioning/queer) and include LGBTQ people, their family members, and LGBTQ and straight allies. As a grassroots all-volunteer organization, we offer peer-to-peer support in a safe confidential space, where we speak from our hearts and tell our stories. Wherever you are on your journey—just starting out or a long-standing member/ally of the LGBTQ community—PFLAG Bellevue/Eastside is here for you.
Members, guests, and newcomers are welcome to attend our Monthly Meetings held the third Thursday of the month. We start with confidential support circles, followed by refreshments and then a guest speaker. Consult Monthly Meetings FAQ for details.
|Monthly Meeting||Thursday, September 21st, 2017
7:00pm – 9:00pm
|First United Methodist Church, 1934 108th Avenue Northeast, Bellevue, WA 98004 (map)||After our support circles and a refreshment break, we’ll hear from a panel on coming out as a parent of an LGBTQ child.|
Things to Do (See Take Action for more details)
- Stand against the trans military ban. Sign the ACLU petition, express your opposition via social media, and write a letter to the editor.
- Speak for persecuted gay/bi men in Chechnya. Follow #EyesOnChechyna and support Rainbow Railroad and Russian LGBT Network.
- Join our PFLAG Bellevue/Eastside board! We now have positions, so if you are interested in a leadership role—or want to explore it with no pressure—contact us.
Things to Attend (See Upcoming Events for more details)
- Congressman Adam Smith (WA 9th district) will meet with constituents September 24, 3:30pm-4:30pm at Bellevue’s Newport High School. RSVP via Eventbrite or call (425)793-5180 or Toll Free at (888) SMITH09. See details.
- LGBTQ youth/allies from any Eastside School district and grades 6-12 can attend the Eastside LGBTQ Youth Advisory Board 4:30-6:30pm on the 2nd Thursday of each month at the Redmond Library. See flyer for upcoming dates and details. Interested youth performers can also participate in its Halloween show.
- Register for Rainbow of Infinite Light seminar sponsored by the Seattle Buddhist Temple on Saturday, November 18th 10am-4 pm. Keynote speakers Buddhist minister Rev. Dr. Jeff Wilson and Marsha and Aiden Aizumi. See flyer.
Appreciation to members for providing photographs.