When you support PFLAG Bellevue/Eastside, you become a voice for equality in your own community. As an all volunteer organization and completely self-funding chapter, every single donation impacts our success. With your help, we can continue to support and unify Eastside families, create safer schools and college scholarships for local LGBTQ students, and produce educational materials and outreach programs that advocate for change.
You can support PFLAG Bellevue/Eastside in various ways:
- Make a direct donation to us whenever you want. Our membership form also includes the option to donate to when you join or renew your membership.
- Take advantage of employer matching funds for your membership fee and any additional donations.
- Choose us as your recipient for United Way and other corporate giving campaigns.
- Allocate us as recipients for Fred Meyer Community Rewards and Amazon Smile.
- Arrange planned giving through bequests, trusts and insurance beneficiary designations.
See the following sections for complete details. If you need more information, please contact us.
Make a Donation
You can donate to PFLAG Bellevue/Eastside using the PayPal form below or if you prefer write a check payable to PFLAG Bellevue/Eastside. You can bring it to the next meeting or mail it to PFLAG Bellevue/Eastside, PO Box 52863, Bellevue, WA 98015.
Here is some information you might need to make your donation.
- PFLAG Bellevue/Eastside is a tax-exempt, non-profit 50l(c)(3) organization. All memberships and donations are tax deductible, according to IRS guidelines.
- Our tax ID is 91-1718810.
- We are a chartered chapter of PFLAG Inc (91-3750694) and are included under PFLAG’s 501(c)(3) group exemption number (GEN 3366).
Many employers and companies in our area offer to match employees contributions to a charity. If you make a donation to PFLAG Bellevue/Eastside, you might first check with your human resources department so that you can properly follow their matching procedure. Matching companies in the Seattle Eastside area include Starbucks, Microsoft, Boeing, and Alaska Airlines.
United Way and Corporate Giving Campaigns
Employer-sponsored giving is a convenient way to support our work and in some cases also provide matched funds. Many local employers participate in annual United Way campaigns, where they encourage employee donations through matched giving. Other companies have similar giving campaigns not through the United Way and also often match your contribution. In most cases, you can arrange for your donation to be automatically transferred from your monthly paycheck.
When you fill in your donation form for United Way or a giving campaign, you are typically given the option to check a listed charity or write in your own charity of choice. In our case, you most likely need to write in “PFLAG Bellevue/Eastside” as your designated charity. Please make sure you include our entire chapter name to avoid confusion and ensure that your donation goes to our local services.
Sign up for Fred Meyer Community Rewards
If you shop at Fred Meyer, you can link your Rewards Card to our non-profit (#94515), using the Fred Meyer Community Rewards program. Note that still receive your usual Reward Points, Fuel Points, and Rebates, but in addition, PFLAG Bellevue/Eastside receives quarterly donations based on the points accumulated by linked cards.
- If you do not already have a Fred Meyer Reward card, you can apply for one at all registers or the Customer Service Desk at any Fred Meyer store. (There is no cost for the card.)
- Sign in to your online Fred Meyer account (or create one if you don’t have it already).
- Enter the number 94515 to locate PFLAG Bellevue and choose it as your designated charity.
- Remember to use your Fred Meyer card every time you shop there, because it adds up fast.
- Ask your friends and family to consider designating PFLAG Bellevue/Eastside as their designated charity. The more supporters who link to us, the more donations we earn.
Sign up for Amazon Smile
- Go to Amazon Smile from your computer or mobile device and select PFLAG Bellevue as your non-profit organization using the Search field.
- Purchase your products via Amazon Smile.
- Bookmark Amazon Smile to remind you for further purchases.
- Ask your family and friends to consider designating PFLAG Bellevue/Eastside as their designated charity.
Bequests, Insurance designations, and Trusts
When preparing your will, retirement account, and insurance policy, you can designate PFLAG Bellevue/Eastside as your beneficiary. In Washington state, such a bequest can entitle your estate to a federal estate tax charitable deduction. You can also establish a charitable trust as a way of giving to our chapter. In all cases, please perform due diligence and consult with an attorney to fully understand all the tax and legal implications.