PFLAG Bellevue/Eastside can provide speakers at no cost to local venues to address groups or provide staff/group training. Our speakers are LGBTQ members and their family who offer first-hand experience on topics related to sexual orientation and gender issues. We work to match speakers to your particular interests and needs, and can address a wide range of ages, professions, and points of view, including but not limited to the following:
- Education: Middle/high school or college classrooms and assemblies, after-school events and meetings; Gay Straight Alliances/LGBTQ centers; health fairs, leadership training; Diversity Days, Days of Silence; Faculty, staff, and PTSA staff: meetings and diversity and sensitivity training.
- Health Care: Hospitals/clinics/healthcare providers. Health-related presentations, patient support groups, staff training and meetings.
- Government/Law: Enforcement/Libraries: Staff training and meetings, presentations, meetings, book clubs.
- Faith-based organizations: Entire congregation or smaller groups or committees, local religious retreats, religious school classes and events.
- Senior residential living or activity centers. Educational presentations, books clubs, support groups.
- Workplace: Company presentations, staff meetings, corporate sensitivity and diversity training courses, LGBTQ employee groups, giving campaigns.
- Civic/Community Organizations: Rotary, Kiwanis, ethnic groups, forums, special events, outreach.
- Arts Theater/film: Panels and discussions at performances and festivals.
To arrange for a panel (or individual speaker), please fill in and submit a request form at least two weeks prior to the engagement.