PFLAG Bellevue/Eastside can provide speakers at no cost to local venues. Our speakers consist of LGBTQ members and their family or friends, who offer first-hand experience on topics related to sexual orientation and gender issues. We work to match speakers to your particular interests and needs, and can address a wide range of ages, professions, and points of view, including but not limited to the following:
- Middle/High school or college Classrooms and assemblies, after-school events and meetings, Gay Straight Alliances/LGBTQ centers, health fairs, leadership training, Diversity Days, Days of Silence. Faculty, Staff, and PTSA staff: meetings, diversity and sensitivity training.
- Hospitals/Clinics/Healthcare Providers Health presentations, patient support groups, staff training and meetings.
- Government/Law Enforcement/Libraries Staff training and meetings, presentations, meetings, book clubs.
- Faith-based organizations Entire congregation or smaller groups or committees, local religious retreats, religious school classes and events.
- Senior residential living or activity centers: Educational presentations, books clubs, support groups.
- Workplace Company presentations, staff meetings, corporate sensitivity and diversity training courses, LGBTQ employee groups, giving campaigns.
- Civic/Community Organizations Rotary, Kiwanis, ethnic groups, forums, special events, outreach.
- Arts Theater/film discussions and panels at performances and festivals.
To arrange for a panel (or individual speaker), please fill in and submit a request form at least two weeks prior to the engagement.