You can become a member of our chapter right here. Just read the instructions and scroll down to the membership form.
Why become a member?
- Our members are the backbone of our success. Our chapter is an all-volunteer organization, who receives no monetary support from PFLAG National, and is funded only by memberships and donations.
- Our membership fees enables us to provide support and resources to LGBTQ people and their families, right here in the Eastside, putting your dollars to work in your own community.
- Our membership amplifies the voices speaking out for LGBTQ equality and against the current backlash. Our power lies in our numbers, where each and every PFLAG member increases our strength.
- Our chapter sends a portion of your membership dues each year to PFLAG National in Washington DC, automatically making you also a member of PFLAG National. You receive a PFLAG bookstore discount and free access to PFLAG Academy Online.
- Our chapter, like PFLAG National, is a non profit, so your membership typically qualifies as a tax deduction. In some cases you can receive matching corporate funds, too. We also offer a range of rates, to meet your needs. (See upcoming sections for full details.)
For Your Records
- PFLAG Bellevue/Eastside is a tax-exempt, non-profit 50l(c)(3) organization.
- All memberships and donations are tax deductible, according to IRS guidelines: Our tax ID is 91-1718810.
- Some companies give employees matching funds for their membership (and donations), so you might check with your benefits department.
- We are a chartered chapter of PFLAG Inc (91-3750694) and are included under PFLAG’s 501(c)(3) group exemption number (GEN 3366).
Rates, Form, and Payment
Choose from three available membership rates, all valid from October of the current year to September of the following year:
- Individual ($40.00)
- Household ($50.00
- Senior, Student or Low Income ($15.00).
When you fill in your membership form, you can optionally make a general or scholarship donation (or donate any other time you want). You can also indicate if you want to join our Email list. We send a monthly meeting notice, plus occasional emails on pertinent LGBTQ issues/events as they arise. You may unsubscribe at any time. If you opt-out of these emails, please note that we will still send you information on your membership.
You can complete the form and pay online (via Paypal or credit card) or print the form and pay by check. Instructions for both methods follow below. Your membership form, whether online or hard copy, is kept confidential.
Complete Membership Form and Payment Online
This is a two-step process. First, you complete and submit the following form, specifying your member rate (and optional donation), and second, you make your electronic payment via the Donate button, located directly below this form.
Step 1: Fill in the required fields and, if desired, the optional Donation field.
Step 2. Click the Donate button to make your Payment
You can pay via Paypal or your preferred credit card. If you experience any difficulties, please contact us!
Print Membership Form and Pay By Check
- Print and complete our Membership form(PDF file).
- Write a check payable to PFLAG Bellevue/Eastside for your chosen membership rate (and, if desired, an optional donation).
- Bring the completed form and check to our next monthly meeting or mail them to: PFLAG Bellevue/Eastside, PO Box 52863, Bellevue, WA 98015.