Thank you for visiting our website! For details on its use and contents, see Our Website.
PFLAG Bellevue/Eastside is a chapter of PFLAG National serving residents of East King County communities, including Bellevue, Redmond, Kirkland, Issaquah, Mercer Island, Sammamish, Bothell, Woodinville, Duvall, Snoqualmie, and Carnation.
We are a support, education, and advocacy group for the LGBTQ community (lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, questioning/queer) and include LGBTQ people, their family members, and LGBTQ and straight allies. As a grassroots all-volunteer organization, we offer peer-to-peer support in a safe confidential space, where we speak from our hearts and tell our stories. Wherever you are on your journey—just starting out or a long-standing member/ally of the LGBTQ community—PFLAG Bellevue/Eastside is here for you.
Members, guests, and newcomers are welcome to attend our Monthly Meetings held the third Thursday of the month. We start with confidential support circles, followed by refreshments and then a guest speaker. Consult Monthly Meetings FAQ for details.
|Monthly Meeting||Thursday, November 16th, 2017
7:00pm – 9:00pm
|First United Methodist Church, 1934 108th Avenue Northeast, Bellevue, WA 98004 (map)||After our support circles, we’ll hear from Judi O’Kelly, Director of Leadership for Lambda Legal, the foremost legal organization dedicated to the civil rights of LGBTQ people.|
Things to Do (See Take Action for more details)
- See PFLAG Bellevue/Eastside’s 2016-2017 annual report for details on our past year’s activities and events.
- Graduating Eastside high school LGBTQ/ ally students—including ones enrolled in the Running Start at a local community college—can now apply for a PFLAG Belleve/Eastside scholarship. Check here for details and feel free to share our flyer and/or post it at an appropriate place.
- Stand against the trans military ban. Sign the ACLU petition, express your opposition via social media, and write a letter to the editor.
- Speak for persecuted gay/bi men in Chechnya. Follow #EyesOnChechyna and support Rainbow Railroad and Russian LGBT Network.
Things to Attend (See Upcoming Events for more details)
- LGBTQ youth/allies from any Eastside School district and grades 6-12 can attend the Rainbow Teen Advisory Board (R-TAB) 4:30-6:30pm, 2nd Thursday of each month at the Redmond Library. See flyer for details. Interested youth can also
- Attend R-TAB’s Halloween show/costume party on October 28th, hosted by Seattle celebrity drag queen Aleksa Manila.
- Submit an Artist Application Form for R-TAB’s Spectrum: Identity, an art exhibit and talent show showcasing East king County LGBTQ+ youth artists at the Bellevue Arts Museum on December 1. (Note you can still submit after the application’s stated deadline of October 25th, which has been extended.)
- LGBTQ youth/allies from any Eastside School district and grades 6-12 can attend the The Youth GSA for LGBTQ kids and kids from LGBTQ families 5-6pm, 2nd Tuesday of each month at the YMCA/Sammamish Community and Aquatic Center in the Met Market Conference room.
- Register for Rainbow of Infinite Light seminar sponsored by the Seattle Buddhist Temple on Saturday, November 18th 10am-4 pm. Keynote speakers Buddhist minister Rev. Dr. Jeff Wilson and Marsha and Aiden Aizumi. See flyer.
Appreciation to members for providing photographs.