We’re a chapter of PFLAG National serving residents of East King County communities, including Bellevue, Redmond, Kirkland, Issaquah, Mercer Island, Sammamish, Bothell, Woodinville, Duvall, Snoqualmie, and Carnation.
PFLAG is often the first place people turn to, when they or a family member or friend has just come out as LGBTQ (lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, questioning/queer) or is questioning their sexuality and/or gender. We provide support, education, and advocacy for the LGBTQ community and include LGBTQ people, their family and friends, and straight and LGBTQ allies. An all-volunteer organization, we offer peer-to-peer support and opportunities for interested people to advocate for the LGBTQ community. Wherever you are on your journey—starting out or a long-standing member/ally of the LGBTQ community—we’re here for you.
Members, guests, and newcomers are welcome to attend our Monthly Meetings held the third Thursday of the month. We start with confidential support circles, followed by refreshments and then a guest speaker. (Complete details in our Monthly Meetings FAQ.)
|Monthly Meeting||Thursday, December 21st, 2017
7:00pm – 9:00pm
|First United Methodist Church, 1934 108th Avenue Northeast, Bellevue, WA 98004 (map)||Join us for a comforting and festive meeting for the holidays, where we’ll have extra support, play fun games, and just mingle and relax. Please feel free to bring your favorite holiday treat.|
Things to Do
- Apply now for a PFLAG Belleve/Eastside scholarship, open to graduating Eastside high school LGBTQ/ ally students, including ones enrolled in the Running Start at a local community college. Feel free to post/share flyer.
- Add your name to thank Disney CEO and Chairman Bob Iger and ANDI MACK creative team for their decision to reflect LGBTQ youth in their storytelling.
- Stand against the trans military ban. Sign the ACLU petition, express your opposition via social media, and write a letter to the editor.
- Speak for persecuted gay/bi men in Chechnya. Follow #EyesOnChechyna and support Rainbow Railroad and Russian LGBT Network.
See Take Action for more details.
Things to Attend
- LGBTQ youth/allies from any Eastside School district and grades 6-12 can attend the Rainbow Teen Advisory Board (R-TAB), 4:30-6:30pm, 2nd Thursday of each month at the Redmond Library. See flyer for details.
- LGBTQ youth/allies from any Eastside School district and grades 6-12 can attend the Community Youth GSA+ for LGBTQ youth, youth from LGBTQ families, and straight ally youth, 5-6pm, 2nd Tuesday of each month at the YMCA/Sammamish Community and Aquatic Center in the Met Market Conference room.
See Upcoming Events for more details.
Appreciation to members for providing photographs.